The Node.js project and community is seeing excessive growth and movement, especially with new initiatives becoming more active and picking up steam from individuals who haven’t previously engaged with the project. Last week we saw a flurry of activity across the board, including in several of the newer initiatives that the project has spun up lately.
Here’s a recap of some of the highlights from the last week in Node.js:
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- A PR was submitted to add in the next few codenames for LTS release lines as a way to reduce potential bikeshedding around the names, like we have seen to a certain extent with the current LTS release line.
- The i18n Initiative is making quite a bit of progress across a few issues and PRs, working toward getting automation for localization efforts set up effectively.
- The Mentorship Initiative has launched as an early test, with over 100 people signing up to be mentors and mentees through the project.
- There will be an all-day Modules Team summit on April 3rd to help the team work together and get over some of the more difficult issues.
- Over the weekend the llnode team shipped
firstname.lastname@example.org, which includes an awesome new logo for the project thanks to Raissa Fontoura.
Awesome Articles and Resources
One Last Thing…
Nearing the completion of the second month of Need to Node, we’re just as excited for the project as we were when it started with Volume 1! It’s been awesome to engage with y’all and see the series improve.
If you’ve got anything you’d be interested in seeing or have any awesome articles, modules, or other resources in the Node.js community, feel free to reach out to us on Twitter at @NodeSource to share - our DMs are open if you don’t want to share publicly!